Hi
Thanks Marj and Eva for your encouraging words - boy did I need them yesterday! I was severely stressed, not helped by the fact that my mother and sister had come down for it. But it all went well and now I am sitting up in bed feeling much more relaxed.
We did the hang last Tuesday and of course there were a couple of things that needed running repairs so I had to race back on Thursday and pin some things together and put a stitch in one piece. Apart from that though, everything went where I first thought it would (it really is great being able to visualise spatially - one of my two talents).
I didn't really know anyone who could open the show for me so I did it myself and even if I say it, I think that was OK too. Three things sold, plus a commission for another, plus several little things like cards. So we may almost break even on costs to boot.
Ken took lots of photos but he hasn't sent them to my computer yet, but I will post some in the next day or so. I was goint to try to add one of the in-progress shots now but I can't seem to find them. Sorry.
it sounds as though all your efforts have been worthwile, well done - hope you are putting your feet up a bit now
ReplyDeletelooking forward to the pics
How good you must feel that all is going so well and to see your hard work over the past months come together in your own exhibition. So rewarding. Great idea doing your own opening even though it must have been a bit nerve racking at the time(would have been for me!!).
ReplyDeleteAs with Eva, I'm also looking forward to some images.
Marj