Monday, 4 June 2012

just to let you know

i'm a bit quiet at the moment because my focus is elsewhere - my brother's family are having a really rough time and my spare energy is devoted to them - still stitching gently but creativity is a bit low right now, check my blog for recent stuff

marj i love the two pieces you posted recently, i like the way you have turned 'samples' into a completed work ... and wow all those colours from pieces of bark!

eva


1 comment:

  1. I have also been very quiet but did visit your blog and just love what you did with your woven bag and can understand how you would enjoy using it so much. What a great idea your boiler doiley is ...you are so cleverly creative Eva.
    Six weeks ago we had friends visit for a few days and the weather was awful so after they had gone and the sun shone(isn't it always the way) I decided to get back to walking and set off. Was about half way on my walk when I stepped off the footpath onto the road (I thought) but it was a curved sloping gutter and I was watching a car coming towards me and landed half way on the gutter and went over on my whole foot. The pain was excruciating and I could feel it swelling up. Luckily I always take my mobile with me (in case of being mugged!!) so was able to phone and get Paul to come and collect me. After doctors visits and x-rays discovered a couple of broken bones so had the physio strap it up as it wasn't bad enough for a cast and have been resting and hobbling ever since. Have an x-ray on Tuesday and back to the physio Wednesday and hopefully no more strapping but it still hurts at times so am not too hopeful!! They are sending me for a bone density test to see if my bones are thinner than 3 years ago and they probably are as my three sisters all had osteoperosis. The only thing I dislike about ageing is the poor old body can't do what one expects it to do as in the mind I still feel about 18!!
    Sorry to have bored you with all this but it shows how easily a fall can happen and I consider myself fairly agile for my age.
    Marj

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.