The exhibition was from Gdynia in Poland and this is the first time they have allowed pieces to travel so we are really lucky. This miniature triennial exhibition first began in 1993 and then became biennial until 2004 when it returned to being triennial. The museum of Gdynia became involved with the project in 1999 and many of the participants donate their works to the museum collection which now numbers 230 pieces. The 9th triennial will be held in 2013. All works cannot be larger than 20x20x20 cm including framing which makes them easy to transport.
I had made a video but it wouldn't upload!!
Enjoy.










that was definitely worth the trip - thank you for posting the pics, you might work out how to upload the video one day!
ReplyDeletethis has prompted me to subscribe to the TAFTA magazine to read more about the exhibition and what's going on in oz - exhibitions like this one are rare and even if we get them in the uk i can't get to everything
I realised I hadn't saved it in the accepted format but will probably have forgotten how by the time I make another one!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you will find the TAFTA magazine really worthwhile as it always has really interesting articles none of which are project based. It is the only magazine that I have kept subscribing too for the past 14 years as I tend to tire of others after a couple of years and swithch to different ones.
i know what you mean about needing to change every few years and project based magazines - it would be lovely if someone came up with a magazine with just the right blend of practical (but not projects) and informative articles but i guess it makes the publishers more money to spread them out between different publications so you buy more
Deletesome online stuff is good - have you tried HandEye? they do a weekly newsletter of short articles which is free at handeyemagazine.com/subscribe