Thursday, 27 September 2012

Quiet,Yet Busy.

Seems ages since I last posted and seem to have been kept busy but really haven't much to show!!

These are photos of the vest I made at the felting course I attended a couple of months ago.  I hadn't intended making a vest but rather a sampler of the different techniques we were shown as I don't seem to achieve much during a workshop!!  the sampler was in two pieces and I was going to join them at two corners to drape over the shoulders and look like a vest from the front but with this technique there is very little shrinkage so the pieces were two long so I made an extra piece at home which went across the back and up the middle of the back and had a go at creating a small collar!!  Not one of my best photos as I was in need of a haircut and my foot was paining.  Eva, you will be interested in the weaving at the bottom of the back and the corners at the front.  I think this technique would make a lovely jacket if the right fabrics and colours were chosen.  Not the sort of garment I would wear supermarket shopping as I prefer a more minimalist design.
The round robin group I belong to has started a new round and this time we had to decide on an end product that was reasonably small in size (I chose bookmarks as I have a collection) choose 6 stitches we wanted used and the colour scheme.  The stitches I chose were, rope, portuguese border, raised chain band, kiko's flower and buttonhole herringbone.  I included 6 hand made tyvek beads of various colours so that participants will select a bead (to be used for a tassel later) and use thread and fabric in a similar colourway.  The first round is finished and the one I did for Lesley (to be placed in an A5 stitch book) was to select a colour from the six colour wheel so I naturally chose purple and she had listed families of stitches so I used some from the chain family.
Must go and start dinner but will be back soon.

1 comment:

  1. your vest is very much in the colours i associate with you, but i can see that it is a garment you wouldn't wear on a daily basis

    as always your round robin sounds interesting and challenging and i'm looking forward to following it's progress

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.