The section of the image that was for me to work on was enlarged to the correct size and printed onto a cotton fabric. Machine embroidery (which I haven't done for ages) was applied and the piece cut out leaving a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
It is always hard working on the first piece of a round robin and maybe I should have organised it so that the owner of the image started with the number 1 section before posting!! Although then part of the challenge would have been lost.
The edges are straight but have photographed quite crooked.
Marj
Marj, this is fantastic. I have just tried to post a reply on the blog but the **** thing won't let me in.
ReplyDeleteI have always been reluctant to try machine embroidery; too scared I'll Toyota the machine I think. But this is inpsirational and I might be persuaded to try again ... one day.
It will be great to see the whole thing finished and put together, I hope the other participants are as good as you, lol.
Cheers
Chris
PS If you can and if you want to, please post this on the list for the others to see.
Thank you Chris for your comments. It is the first time in ages that I have machine embroidered and yet it was the first workshop I did with the NSW embroiderers guild when I retired and I really do enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteMarj