
This image is the one I received for the second round of the round robin I am in. Not in colour and we were directed to complete our pieces in tones of grey, black, white and a small amount of red. The bottom right hand corner had been completed by the person before me and I had to complete the bottom left hand corner.

The image above is from the previous person and uses reverse aplique which is the technique I think I would have used if I had received it first!!
This is my piece which should be above the previous one for it to fit together so you will need to use your imagination!! I scanned the illustration into Artista as I had decided to machine embroider using the embroidery module. It took me quite awhile to tidy up the drawing ready for digitising which was also time consuming as some of the stitch directions needed to be changed and also the spacing of stitches to achieve different textures. It was fun to do and the completed whole piece should look quite dramatic given the colour scheme.Marj
now i'm getting a better understanding of what this round-robin is doing!
ReplyDeletei guess it makes you try different ways of stitching your part of the picture - the last one might be the most tricky as those completed earlier may have used techniques or approaches you might have chosen
you've done a great job here and it was a good opportunity to practise with you digitised machine stitching - it gives the clean lines of the original image as well as texture to the limited palette - a neat achievement
Thanks Eva. You are certainly correct in that yes it did provide me with the opportunity to practise my digitising skills and as with any skill/s that aren't used frequently mine were a bit rusty!! This is probably the most challenging round robin of all we have done so far and we are up to number eight but everyone seems to be enjoying it which indicates we all enjoy being challenged.
ReplyDeleteMarj