
Seems we all have been caught up doing other things as there hasn't been a post for ages.
Last week the Smart Arts group I belong to held a fabric painting /surface design workshop with one member taking the morning session and I took the afternoon session. We had far too many techniques to try them all but everyone had quite a few samples to take home at the end of the day and some good notes as well so they can always contact Lynne or myself if they need assistance. Tomorrow is our meeting and the challenge was to make something from the fabrics. I made the book wrap above from scraps of fabric and followed Alisa Burke's technique from her book 'Sew Wild' with free motion machining in a not very neat fashion. I really enjoyed making it and am pleased with the result. The flower is also Alisa Burke's and made from fabric scraps. Magnets were used for the closure.
Last week the Smart Arts group I belong to held a fabric painting /surface design workshop with one member taking the morning session and I took the afternoon session. We had far too many techniques to try them all but everyone had quite a few samples to take home at the end of the day and some good notes as well so they can always contact Lynne or myself if they need assistance. Tomorrow is our meeting and the challenge was to make something from the fabrics. I made the book wrap above from scraps of fabric and followed Alisa Burke's technique from her book 'Sew Wild' with free motion machining in a not very neat fashion. I really enjoyed making it and am pleased with the result. The flower is also Alisa Burke's and made from fabric scraps. Magnets were used for the closure.
What has everyone else been up to??
Marj
i don't know how you do it! ...i'm still tinkering with my frankenstitch pieces and dawdling over a small bag i'm making from a cloth-weave with very little to show!
ReplyDeletethe book-wrap looks great and you make it sound as though you just dashed it off! that took a lot more work than you are admitting, and it was worth the effort
i promise i will post soon
so glad you are back as i thought something had happened and i do very much enjoy our sharing
Deletemy group is having a natural dyeing day at the end of march and we have been given the usual list to try but as you have dyed with some lovely results i thought i'd pick your brains and see what your preferred items are?
love to see some images of your latest work
marj
lucky you, a whole natural dyeing day! if you email me your 'usual list' i'll give some thought to further suggestions - you could also have a look at the Natural Surface, i'll put a link in to on our wavelength - & check you local library for a copy of india flint's book on ecodyeing
Delete