Round Robin 5th round
This one was a real challenge. The original image is of Van Gogh's "Red vineyard at Arles" and unfortunately Ididn't save a copy only a copy of the section I was given. The four artists before me had used hand embroidery and I had about three tries but just couldn't get a feel for it so finally in desperation I printed the image onto calico and machine embroidered it using cable and whip stitch to endeavour to create a textured piece. The yellow stitching coming down from the top was hand stitched to flow on from the piece that went above mine. This piece should go together well. That was the last round as we all should have our own back by mid march and when we work on those we will combine the six pieces and see how they look!!
i like what you've done here - van gogh's brush work is very textural and you have reflected that in your stitching - & he was famous for his lavish use of chrome yellow too!
ReplyDelete