I thought it was about time I added something to this blog, not that I have much to add at the moment. The past few weeks have been very uncomfortable, every painful condition that I have or ever have had has come out to make life difficult.
Eva's dyeing with lichen sounds great. This is something I had grand plans for when I was preparing for my show last year. My husband had to collect all the pits from his avocados (lunch) and I was going to use them to shibori dye silk, but I ran out of both time and puff so it never happened. Pity.
If anyone has any pale-to-mid pink silk tops they don't want, would you please let me have them. A couple or even three years ago I made a little A4 size piece of silk paper in pinks, which I embellished and put away. I resurrected it for my show and stitched it to some pink dupion and framed it, and it sold. The buyer wants another to go with it but I can't find any more of the silk. I have no idea where it came from or what it is, and I have spent the last 4 months and many dollars trying to get some more. Since I have to buy everything online it is very difficult to get exactly the right colour. You are my last hope. I'll pay, of course, but please let me know soon so I can uncross my poor arthritic fingers, lol.
hi chris
ReplyDeletegood to see you back and i hope you are recovering from your ills - i recommend more rest!
i wish i could help in your "pink hunt" but i haven't got anything worth sending - maybe the lady will have to be happy with her unique piece, the whole point of which is that it is a one-off! or you could offer her a companion piece in a complementary colour!
what a compliment to you that she wants another