Thursday, 1 November 2012

Tracks Piece Revisited


 Having taken on board suggestions Chris made, strips of black chiffon and further stitching mainly in black were added and I am much happier with this piece now.  Thanks so much Chris as it would have sat unfinished for some time without your help.  It is very difficult to photograph as the shot organza shimmers and the blacks seem to fade so it is actually much richer looking than as it appears here and the black chiffon is more visible creating depth and a certain "moodyness"

2 comments:

  1. I am so pleased that a) you tried my suggestion and b) that it worked so well and made you happy. It does look great, I wish I could see it in person. These things are incredibly difficult to photograph successfully, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good suggestion chris, the piece has more depth to it now

    i know what you mean about photos too, i just assume that everything looks even better than the photo!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.