Thursday, 14 October 2010

TAST - take a stitch Tuesday



Last year Dale mentioned she had joined this Take a Stitch Tuesday group and I was interested in seeing what she did each week but being so busy with other things she wasn't able to keep up with it and I thought no more about it. It just happened that this year I was visiting a blog that mentioned the group so I went to http://www.pintangle.com/ and discovered that Sharon was starting the stitching again. I haven't joined the group but each week I download the new stitch and trial them on various papers and hand dyed fabric using threads of different thicknesses. It has been most enjoyable as I do love hand stitching and even though some years ago I did a basic techniques course with the NSW Embroiderers' Guild most of the 33 stitches introduced so far have been new to me or variations of known stitches. These images are a few examples of what I have been doing. The stitching samples aren't large as I paste them into an A5 sketchbook onto painted pages. Those who have joined the group either post images on Flicker or have their own Blogs.


Marj

2 comments:

  1. trying out more stitches is one of the things on my 'to do' list, i had a look at the link but couldn't find the right place for the weekly stitches ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. try Categories and go down the list to Take a stitch Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.