Monday, 3 January 2011

Floods Fires and Famine

It does seem that this country lurches from one meteorological crisis to the next, fires one year, floods the next. Actually there are fires burning in Victoria right now while half of Queensland is inundated. Dorothea McKellar was absolutely right when she wrote 'I Love a Sunburnt Country'. I am sure that all Australians of a certain age will recognise this reference but if others want to know more I will post the words.

I don't think Brisbane has been affected by all the water (yet) so Marj is probably pretty safe. Marj?

I do hope you all had a safe, joyous, happy Christmas or other celebration and that 2011 will be a happy and creative one. Our Christmas was quiet with just my mother and sister joining us, and the weather was kind to me and remained cool so I actually enjoyed it for once. (The hotter the weather the higher the pain levels.)

As I mentioned in my last post I have been asked to have an exhibition, either with or without my husband who is a fine woodworker/sculptor. We are leaning towards separate shows since our styles and media are very different. I am going to have to work like a demon and will need lots of input and advice please.

1 comment:

  1. so ....when is your exhibition? how many pieces do you think you will be able to show? do you have a theme?

    by all means use TTB as a sounding board and thinking space - thats what it's for

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.