The kids are still alseep, hence I get time on the computer.
I had a great Christmas, we had 13 here for Christmas Day and it was actually easier with that many then the usual 5. Everybody wanted to help which was wonderful
This is the family at Christmas dinner, my husband is first on the right, then my eldest son's future Mother in Law, his Girlfriend Ally, then Chris himself. You can just see the hat of a nephew behind him. On the other side of the table is a hidden neice, then my precious daughter Jes, next son no 2 Nick, the expansive stomach of my brotherin law Michael and then my mum. Out of shot is my sister Sue and my Aunt. It was a lovely day
After several months of creative block I bought myself 2 jelly rolls of
I have the strips organised and am now workin on what to do as the quilting lines in each strip. My thoughts at the moment are using th
read sketching to " draw"images relative to each area of the quilt in each of the strips repeating the same/similar sketching along the lengths of the strips. I have sort of worked out the first four and am still working out what to put on each of the others. I know the image is rather faint but you can get the general idea. Do you think it would work?From Dale's Face book page I discovered this http://sketchbookchallenge.blogspot.com/ so I am giving it a go. It should be fun. We are heading off on holidays to Evans Head on friday so I am armed with pens, lead pencils, coloured pencils crayons etc to do at least one page in my sketch book every day. We'll see how I go!
Wishing you all a Happy and Creative 2011
Wendy
There seems to be quite a few Sketchbook Challenges around at the moment. An American one sent the same sketchbook to everyone (with a choice of themes) who joined up and it finishes in January. The books get catalogued and become available for borrowers as with a library. I joined up with Glenys Mann from Fibre Arts with March being the deadline for finishing. This is an A5 sketchbook sent by Glenys to those who joined and she will display them at the Forums she has organised for this year. this is a totally free sketchbook so I decided to trial differnt techniques and it is about two thirds full at the moment. Lots of fun though and good having a deadline. I like the idea of the Sketchbook Challenge though with a different theme set by an artist each month. Taking yours on holiday with you should enable you to make a great start with it Wendy.
ReplyDeleteHave fun.
Marj
lovely to see your family
ReplyDeletei'm looking forward to following the progress of your journalling and jelly-roll piece
i wish i could get on with journalling, i would love to be able to focus my energies in a regular and sustained manner, but my butterfly nature takes me off leaving yet another UFO in my wake! i so envy those of you who can do it!