I am still doing the Thread Studio Holey Moley though I didn't do much in the first topic " flowers" as they arn't my thing.
In April I did a series of wrokshops where we translated a Hundertwasse
r's painting of our choice into fabric. This is the painting that I chosse to work from.It is called "Haus im Wind"Hopefully below is my rendition. I dyed and handpainted fabric to use and then joined and appliqued the various pieces.
It didn't look bright enough so I then attacked the "finished" work with more fabric paint. In some areas I deliberately let the paint bleed as that got
I was pleased with the result, though my husband doesn't want it hanging on our family room wall!
This is a really good exercise to try. I can remember doing it with Primary students when I was teaching but only with paint. The discussions regarding size, shape, colour, line relationships were important to get them really observing but the results were always satisfying for them and some good work was produced.
ReplyDeleteI really like your piece Wendy and when I zoomed in was able to see all your quilting stitches. How big is the piece and where will you hang it if not in the family room?
Marj
i love the quilting you did on that - what a shame your husband doesn't want it in your family room, would it clash with his masterpiece or what?
ReplyDelete