Wednesday, 17 August 2011

More samples

With the sample on the left the "stuff" was stretched across a piece of needlefelting and every second row was stitched down using a loose zig zag. The second is a close up.
The sample below was the first made after the black felted pieces but the "stuff" was cut for this piece and felted onto a pre felt. It has felted in places and would be sufficient for the look I want to achieve but because the prefelt shrinks with the felting process it brings the lines closer together than what I would like. This I think responds to your suggestion Eva in the comments of my previous posting.
I am sure I will go with this new discovery but am not quite sure how best to use it. It creates just the look I need to represent the "transport system" and I will be able to attach the "tangles" to the structure created. I am enjoying this process immensely even though it is extremely time consuming.
Marj




1 comment:

  1. i am enjoying following your experiments and the development of you TOF piece - this is just the sort of sharing i hoped to take part in here

    thank you

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.