

The image on the left is the picture I received to work on for the third round of our challenge. It is from the catalogue of the exhibition Garden of Cosmos, the Royal paintings of Jodhpur and is very detailed.
The other two pieces already worked had used kantha stitch and applique so it was hard to know what to do!! As I had received a box of Derwent Inktense pencils for Christmas I decided to put them to work. The grey scale section was scanned and printed onto fabric and then I coloured it all in with the pencils before applying the water with a fine brush and when it dried the colours were permanent. Hand stitch was added using buttonhole, lazy daisy, stem stitch and some french knots with a few sequins for glitz. Interesting that the 6 pieces in this set are all different irregular shapes which will make it harder to put together maybe!!
Marj
I didn't preview the blog before I posted so the images aren't as they had appeared to me in the draft.
ReplyDeleteIf you look carefully at the full picture you will see a couple of water drop marks which I accidently made when I was using the water on the coloured areas of the fabric. I am going to have to ask Leslie who owns the picture to make another copy and post it to the next recipient in case they want to use it to print onto fabric also. I was really annoyed with myself as I am usually very careful with things especially when they aren't mine!!
Marj
this is turning out to be a very interesting and challenging round-robin - i am relly enjoying seeing a new episode every so often, it's like following a serial in a magazine
ReplyDeleteyour light approach with the print and stitching will be an interesting contrast to the applique and kantha used in the other two pieces, you've done a beautiful job with the colouring, i bet it was tricky getting the colours to match up so well
sorry to hear about your slip with the water drops, at least you owned up, but i understand how you feel about looking after other people's things, sadly that sort of care seems less common these days