Thursday, 25 November 2010

Thank you


Thank you to Eva for sorting me out, and to others for the welcoming comments.


Like Eva, I spend a lot of time 'resting', which for me means doing nothing more than reading as part of my problem is in my arms. This morning DB* woke me at the unearthly hour of 10 o'clock and asked if I wanted to go and do some Christmas shopping. So off we went and got home at half past one, lunch, then bed for the afternoon.


I am not much good at posting pictures, but here goes. This one was a crazy quilt that I made for my parents' 60th wedding anniversary in February 2008. Unfortunately because of a whole lot of messing about by my siblings who had better ideas that all fell through, I didn't get it finished in time. Then before we could get it to them, my father died very suddenly. We gave it to my mother who loves and treasures it, but I can't help feeling bad about the whole thing.

Anyway here it is, prior to framing, which has now been done - on end, so the points are at top and bottom.

2 comments:

  1. i can see why this took so long to finish and why your mother treasures it - you put a lot of thought, love and creativity into this - so much detail and fine stitch-work and some wonderful mementos used as embellishments - it deserves a wider audience

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful piece Chris - in time it will become a real family heirloom so I hope you have written the information about why, how and by whom it was made to be kept with it!!
    A real treasure.
    Marj

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.